Most of your Daily Deals website experience remains the same, but we have set things out a little bit differently to make the site brighter and easier to use. There are three main changes:
1. The Menu
- HOME – takes you to the Home page of the website
- ALL DEALS – takes you to a page showing all of our deals – you can filter these by category, location and price
- DIRECTORY – takes you to a directory of all the merchants who have a Daily Deal
- BECOME A MERCHANT – allows you to become a merchant and then to submit a new deal.
- CONTACT US – How to get in touch with Daily Deals
- ACCOUNT – Where to Login, although you no longer need to do so to buy a deal. If you already have a customer account, just use your existing email address and password.
- HELP – get some more help with the new features of the website.
- LOGIN / LOGOUT – where you go to login or logout!
2. The Email
- Instead of receiving two separate emails when you buy a Daily Deal (an Order receipt followed by a Voucher), these have been combined into one receipt.
- The receipt has the same information but looks a little different and will come with your voucher attached as well as a link to download it if you prefer.
- Your receipt is sent as soon as your payment has cleared – almost always this is straight away – don’t forget to check your Junk mail if you can’t find it.
3. The Voucher
- Your Daily Deals voucher looks different – we’ve tried to make in more environmentally friendly.
- The voucher now contains just one code. This is now all your merchant needs when you make contact to get what you have bought.
Creating an Account
With the new Daily Deals website, you do not have to create an account to make a purchase.
However, it is usually a good idea to do so, as all your details are remembered for next time and will not have to be filled out again.
Click on ACCOUNT from the main menu
If you are already a customer or merchant, then just Login using the same email address and password as before.
If you are not a customer and would like to become one, then just Register with your email address.
If you would like to become a merchant, click on SUBMIT A DEAL from the main menu and fill out your Registration details.
HELP FOR MERCHANTS
Redeeming a Voucher
Daily Deals only pays merchants for vouchers that have been redeemed.
In most cases, you will need to redeem your customer vouchers.
When someone buys a voucher for your goods or services, they will need to give you the Voucher Code that is printed on their voucher.
There is now only one code supplied.
This code is made up of an Order ID, followed by a dash and a further 6 characters
To redeem the voucher:
- From your Merchant Dashboard, select Redeem Vouchers
- Enter the Voucher Code in the box and click Check It
- The system will check that the voucher is valid and that you are authorised to redeem it
- If so, the details of the purchase will appear – scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Redeem
If you enter the wrong code, the voucher is no longer valid (because it has already been redeemed or is out of date) or it does not relate to your store, you will get the message “Voucher code doesn’t exist.”
If the voucher code is correct and for your store but you are not authorised to redeem it, details of the purchase will be shown but there will be no Redeem button at the bottom of the screen.
The customer voucher also contains a QR code.
If your mobile device can scan the QR code, you will be taken to a link to your Merchant Account.
If the code is valid (as above), you will be able to redeem it from your mobile device.
Submitting a Deal
You need to be a Merchant to submit a deal. You can apply to become one here.
When you log in as a Merchant, you will be taken to your Merchant Dashboard
From this menu, select Submit a Deal
Fill in as much of the Deal form as you feel able to do. Don’t worry if it’s not complete. We will take care of that for you and send you a preview of your deal before it goes live to make sure you are happy.
Filling in the form:
- Give your Deal a title
- Add its original and Daily Deal prices
- In Highlights & Fine Print add a sentence to explain what your deal is about and any Fine print that the user needs to know upon purchasing a voucher (e.g. only one voucher per person, vouchers must be used within 30 days, vouchers not valid with any other offer)
- In Description, add a more detailed description of your goods or services.
- In Redeem Instructions, add any information that the customer will need in order to be able to redeem their voucher with you (e.g. a contact number, email address or link to your website)
- On the right-hand side of the screen you will see a clickable block where you can upload an image for your deal.
- Under this, there is a smaller block where you can add a further image. To add a third or more image, just click on the + sign to add another block
- Under this you can tick the categories to which your Deal applies
- You can also drop-down a list of locations that your deal applies to
If there is anything else you need to explain to us about your deal, just add it to the description and we will sort it out.
When you are ready, click SUBMIT FOR REVIEW
If the form won’t submit, you may have ticked the Downloadable box at the top of the form in error. Just untick this or upload the file you want to associate with your deal.
We will then look at your deal, make any necessary changes and send you a preview.