Are you in the catering business?
Do you want to avoid legal issues due to food poison and food hygiene? Then Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering will be perfect for you.
This Level 2 course covers all the essential information related to food hygiene, including food safety policy for catering, the importance of food hygiene, methods of food preservation, personal hygiene, approved hand-washing techniques, how to avoid cross-contamination and so on.
It introduces the food safety and hygiene regulations you must follow in order to work in the food and catering industry.
Under the Food Safety Act, every food handler working in a professional environment must be aware of the safe and best food hygiene practices, adequately understand the principles and theories of preventing food contamination and bacteria.
After successful completion of this course, you can successfully operate your catering business abides by the law of Food Safety Act 1990.
If you are an aspiring individual this food safety qualification will enhance your CV and make you worthwhile in the job market.
If you are working as a food handler working in a professional setting, food demonstration or concession staff, warehouse personnel, and other staff such as restaurateurs, hoteliers and kitchen chefs, kitchen porters this food safety awareness training will help you to fast track your career in your current profession.
Benefits of the course:
- Enjoy free, fast access
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- High-quality course materials (audio, video, PDF format, etc.) through a specially developed platform
- The highest quality training program with unique teaching and learner support systems
- Step-by-step instructions for making the learning process effortless, faster, and more fun
- Get hands-on experience in training, including useful tips and advice from industry expert tutors
- Earn a CPD certification after course completion
- Achieve higher levels of proficiency and discover your true potential
- A course full of relevant knowledge that you won’t find anywhere else
Once you successfully complete the course, you will:
- Determine food hygiene hazards or risks, the latest allergenic ingredient advice and standards
- Be able to comply with all safety instructions issued by the Food Standards Agency.
- Understand safe food practices for cooking, reheating, and displaying food.
- Develop skills to train and lead a team of food handlers.
- Successfully implement controls to obtain higher standards of food hygiene.
- Understand how to fulfil your legal duties as a certified Food Handler.
- Define the principles and theories of food safety management systems.
- Better food safety, eliminate hazards and poor practices that are commonly associated with foodborne illness.
On successful completion, you will:
- Know the difference between applicable and inapplicable practices related to food handling
- Successfully handle, prepare, cook and serve food
- Gain an in-depth supervisory insight into maintaining food safety within a food production or food service environment
- Understand the importance of having the work areas clean and hygienic
- Know the latest cleaning, waste management, and food poisoning science facts, including bacteria, physical & chemical contamination
- Be able to improve your food safety habits and personal hygiene
- Understand and successfully control a range of food poisoning threats
Assessment and Certification
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test.
Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £19 for a PDF copy and £29 for an original print copy sent to you by post or for both £39.
Who is this course for?
The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs states that all food handlers must be qualified before carrying out their crucial role in the food or catering industry.
The course is suitable for all food handlers working in the catering industry in the UK and EU, such as hotels, motels, restaurants, takeaways, bars, cafes, mobile food trucks, hospitals, fast-food outlets, care homes, kitchens, schools, colleges, universities and canteens.
This course can confirm that you have the supervisory skills to train and lead a team of food handlers, and are able to comply with the required legal practices and liabilities as a Food Handler.
Completing this course means you are equipped with an in-depth understanding of the best and safe approaches to cook, chill, reheat, and display food.
Successfully completing this course contributes to great due diligence support in the event of a severe food hygiene failure.
Why study this course?
Whether you are switching to a new career or an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, looking to add new qualifications to your CV, develop existing skills or earn an accredited qualification, we have got this course that will get you there.
Kickoff a satisfying, well-paid career by developing your skills in understanding the necessity to authoritatively supervise food production and food service, raise awareness of the latest UK & EU food legislation, control a range of food poisoning threats, design or improve HACCP based food safety management systems and many, many more.
Find out more about the Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering Online Course here.